Could you imagine having a 25th hour in the day? Does it sound too good to be true? Well, though it isn’t technically possible to add an actual hour, it is possible to eliminate wasted time and free up an extra hour each day! By doing so, your entire life can transform in an extremely positive way!
Tips to Earn that Extra Hour Each Day!
- Shave some time off of your TV-time! Fun (and scary) fact! The average person spends 4+ hours watching TV each day. Shaving some of that time off of your day can quickly help you get an hour back!
2. Cool it on the web surfing! Sure, the internet has a plethora of useful information, but it is so easy to go down a rabbit hole. Try and shave 5-10 minutes off of your internet scrolling each day, and you’ll be well on your way to regaining an hour!
3. What are your peak performance times each day? Once you determine that, alter your sleep schedule to fit it! Now, if you have an important, mandatory “start time”, you may need to arrange your sleep schedule differently! However, doing this will help you make better use of your time, as you will naturally be more productive!
4. Stop checking your email… Okay, not entirely! But try to devote a specific time each day to respond to emails!
5. Stop shopping so much! Now, this is easier said than done. Many of us tend to shop to avoid tasks. So, just try not to do that, and if you love online shopping, schedule it into your week, and only do so at those times!
6. Extend your lunch break! Once you start freeing up some time, you can add it to your lunch break! This will give you extra time each day to really unwind, and give yourself some time to finish projects once you regain your energy!
7. Stop looking at the news. Okay, like the “cut back on email” suggestion, it’s not great to completely cut yourself off from staying up with current events! However, the news is often a bummer, and can suck us into a negative spiral which leads to procrastination!
8. Only add after-work activities that bring you joy! Doing so will give you something to look forward to, and you can use it as a “reward” for having a productive day! Additionally, by dropping activities that do not bring you joy, you will, by default, add extra time to your day!
Make Use of Your Extra Hour
Once you have figured out a way to add and extra hour each day, make use of it to bring more joy to your life! Here are a few ideas!
1. Audit your goals! Remind yourself “why” you do what you do each day, and then use your extra time going after the next steps you need to take in order to reach your goal!
- Start Meditating. We realize that “mindfulness” (which is a byproduct of meditation) feels like a buzzword/fad. But know that it is not! People have been meditating for millennia, and it has created such a positive impact on their lives!
Pro tip: The point of meditation is not to be free! (Though, at some point, it is possible to get to that state of mind). Meditation is a tool that can help you to not feel as much pressure and handle stress! Additionally, it can improve focus!
- Start Journaling. Journaling is an incredibly powerful tool that people use to reflect, work through tough situations, list out gratitudes, and more! Once you have more time, it can be incredibly impactful on your overall quality of life!
Trust us, carving out some extra time to give yourself an extra hour each day can have a major impact on your life! So, give these tips a try, and watch what happens!